Kinesiology Taping | Tips and Tricks
Products used in this manual
Kintex Classic Tape 5 cm Blue
5 cm x 5 m | Free color choice
Our kinesiology tapes are often used for sports injuries or in physiotherapy. They are used to support and stabilize muscles, fascia, ligaments or Joints.
What is the optimal procedure for applying the tapes, for example, how should the skin be prepared before applying a kinesiology tape or what is important when taping? For this you can either use our Kintex Classic Tape and cut the strips yourself or you can use our Kintex PreCut Tape and tear the tape strips accordingly. In this video you will learn tips and tricks for kinesiology taping:
- Remove the hair from the place where you want to apply the tape.
- Clean your skin with normal soap and make sure that your skin is dry afterwards (for example, do not tap directly after showering, because the skin is still wet. Do not apply oil or cream to the skin beforehand).
- Always round the corners of the tape, otherwise the tape will come off very quickly at the corners.
- Do not reach into the adhesive surface when applying the tape or removing the backing paper of the tapes.
- Rub the tape well after application, because the resulting heat activates the adhesive. Always apply the tape from the inside to the outside.
- The tape should be applied 2-3 hours before the sport, only in this way the tape can activate its adhesive power and last accordingly long.
- After taping, please put on the clothes carefully, not that by putting the clothes over the tapes will come off directly.
- After showering, bathing or swimming, the tape can be dried again easily with a hair dryer. To do this, set the hair dryer to the lowest setting.
- To remove the tape, it is recommended to make the tape wet, for example under the shower, because then the tapes can be removed more easily.
- Before each treatment, a detailed diagnosis is the basis of a targeted therapy with Kinesiology Taping. Every person is unique, so only by taking into account the individual circumstances a successful therapy is possible. We recommend that our Kinesiology Taping be applied exclusively by trained kinesiology therapists.
Instructions for the use of Kintex kinesiology tape.
Kintex Tape should be left on for approximately 1 week, with the main effect expected in the first 3-5 days after application. You can shower, bathe, swim or do sports with the tape applied. Even sweating is possible under the tape.
ATTENTION: Please note that our articles as well as these instructions cannot replace the contacts with doctors and physiotherapists that may be necessary. Our products are not intended to replace professional advice, examinations, treatments, diagnoses, etc. by professionals, but only to support them. If you experience itching under the tape application, remove the tape immediately and consult a doctor or pharmacist if in doubt.
NOTE: The effect of kinesiology tapes is not scientifically proven, our statements are based on our years of experience.
- General notes
- Back and chest
- Arms and fingers
- Legs and knees
for K-Club Members
- Get 5 EUR welcome voucher*
- free shipping without minimum order value
- free return shipping without minimum order value
- Exclusive content (coming soon)
- free knowledge PDF (coming soon)
the voucher of 30 EUR is automatically deducted at checkout.